Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sunday Scripture

How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You. Psalm 119: 9-11

Beginning this week, I will post a scripture every Sunday that I will memorize. When I was a young Christian, I was part of a Discipleship Class in which one of the many requirements was to choose two verses to memorize per week. What a blessing and nourishment to my soul that was! To this day those verses come to mind and that was 25 years ago!
I would love it if you would join me committing a verse to memory each week!

Here's this week's verse:
It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed,
because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning:
great is Thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments: