Thursday, March 13, 2008

Grace for the Day

Cultivating a thankful heart is one of the best things I've begun doing. Although a strong walk with God takes more than that, it is a principle that is shown throughout scripture...praising God in the midst of difficult circumstances, worshiping Him while flooded with fear, rejoicing even in the face of immediate danger -- it is a powerful spiritual weapon. In my life right now though, it is transforming my heart and mind. In spite of trials, difficulties and fears, I am able to look up and see the many blessings God has poured into my life...and to find joy in everything. In this way, I am finding much grace for the day.

Today I’m thankful for:

  1. For God-given doctors and medical research...I am grateful for treatment that is available for life-threatening illnesses
  2. For the wisdom and support of my husband in the care of my elderly father
  3. The wonderful grandson God has given me
  4. For a car that gets good gas mileage in these days of $3.30+ per gallon gas
  5. For God’s provision even while unemployed

No comments: