Sunday, March 16, 2008

Natural (and good-tasting!) Cold Remedy

Having just gotten over a cold myself, I find that I have passed it on to my husband! It's no fun to watch the people we love suffer with illness anytime, but when I've been the carrier....well, it makes me feel even worse!

Kimi Harris, a dear young lady who has a couple of very good blogs, Womanly Pursuits and The Nourishing Gourmet, has posted a natural remedy that I tried and was pleasantly surprised to find tasted very good! Getting Terry to try my natural or herbal remedies is always a challenge, so if it doesn't taste good, forget it!

Don't be put off by all the garlic...I used 8 good sized cloves and it turned out great. Also, add honey a little at a time...you don't need much...in fact, I think this tea is so good with just the garlic and lemon that I could drink it without any sweetening. But go ahead and add some honey...it's good for you.

Honey, Garlic and Lemon Tea
8 cloves of crushed garlic, simmered in two cups of water for 20 minutes.
Strain. Add into the strained water...
The juice from one fresh lemon and honey to taste.
Sip slowly throughout the day, or drink a half cup every hour

This works best at the onset of a cold, before the symptoms are full-blown. Really, though, it is beneficial anytime...before a cold or when exposed to someone with a cold, it would be a great immune-booster...and in the middle of a cold when the illness is at its worst, it will help build your good health. Try it....you'll like it!

No comments: