No, in fact that is the very reason I am doing it. I am making a conscious effort to turn my focus and thinking to the good, the eternal, the positive. The very exercise of "having to think about it" is so valuable. I am training a new habit in myself.
We all have so much to be thankful for. Here are the gifts in my life today:
- The simple happiness in making my husband a cup of tea when he is sick
- The fulfillment of praying together
- The riches of having an abundance of books in the house, and having had the education to be able to read and understand them
- The incredible amount of help and information that is available through the worldwide web
- For the comfort and instruction of God's Word in our moments of need