Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just a List?

Having decided to list 5 things I have to be thankful for each day, I wonder sometimes if it will become just a "list." As I sit and record each item, there are times I really have to think. Does that mean I'm just conjuring something up in order to have 5 items? Is it becoming something I "have" to do?

No, in fact that is the very reason I am doing it. I am making a conscious effort to turn my focus and thinking to the good, the eternal, the positive. The very exercise of "having to think about it" is so valuable. I am training a new habit in myself.

We all have so much to be thankful for. Here are the gifts in my life today:
  1. The simple happiness in making my husband a cup of tea when he is sick
  2. The fulfillment of praying together
  3. The riches of having an abundance of books in the house, and having had the education to be able to read and understand them
  4. The incredible amount of help and information that is available through the worldwide web
  5. For the comfort and instruction of God's Word in our moments of need

No comments: