Monday, March 17, 2008

Whate'r My God Ordains is Right

It is good to remind ourselves of the truth of these words....

Whate'r my God ordains is right:
His holy will abideth;
I will be still whate'er He doth,
and follow where He guideth.
He is my God; though dark my road,
He holds me that I shall not fall:
wherefore to Him I leave it all.

Whate'r my God ordains is right: He never will deceive me:
He leads me by the proper path; I know He will not leave me.
I take, content, what He hath sent; His hand can turn my griefs away,
and patiently I wait His day.

Whate'r my God ordains is right: though now this cup, in drinking,
may bitter seem to my faint heart, I take it, all unshrinking.
My God is true; each morn anew sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart,
and pain and sorrow shall depart.

Whate'r my God ordains is right: here shall my stand be taken; though sorrow, need, or death be mine, yet am I not forsaken. My Father's care is round me there; He holds me that I shall not fall: and so to Him I leave it all.

I say it again..."My Father's care is round me here; He holds me that I shall not fall: and so to Him I leave it all. Amen."

No comments: